iiNet Sydney Sixers – BBL Challenger Match Competition
Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter the iiNet Sydney Sixers – BBL Challenger Match Competition (Competition) and the available prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The promoter is iiNet Limited (ABN 48 068 628 937) of Level 1, 502 Hay Street, Subiaco, Perth WA 6008 (Promoter).
- Entry is only open to residents of the State of New South Wales aged 18 or over (Eligible Entrants).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers or any of their associated agencies or companies are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition commences at 9:00AM (AWST) Tuesday, 25 January 2022 and concludes at 4:00PM (AWST) Tuesday, 25 January 2022(Competition Period).
(a) if using Twitter to enter the Competition, comment on or ‘retweet’ the post which will be made on the same iiNet Twitter page, responding to the following prompt:
“In a comment below or retweet, tag a friend you’d take to the game and finish this sentence: “I’d love to go to the 2022 BBL Challenger Match because…””
(b) if using Instagram to enter the Competition, comment on the post which will be made on the same iiNet Instagram page, responding to the following prompt:
“In a comment below, tag a friend you’d take to the game and finish this sentence: “I’d love to go to the 2022 BBL Challenger Match because…””; or
(c) if using Facebook to enter the Competition, comment on the post which will be made on the same iiNet Facebook page, responding to the following prompt:
“In a comment below, tag a friend you’d take to the game and finish this sentence: “I’d love to go to the 2022 BBL Challenger Match because…””
- An Eligible Entrant’s retweet or comment in response to the Social Media Posts (Entry) must only use text.
- Entries which are incomplete or inappropriate, such as those containing offensive or derogatory language, will be disqualified. Whether an Entry is inappropriate will be determined by the Promoter.
- Entry into the Competition will occur automatically upon making an Entry, as outlined in clauses 6-8 above.
- Eligible Entrants may submit multiple Entries. However, if an Eligible Entrant submits multiple Entries, they must tag a different friend and submit a different response to ““I’d love to go to the 2022 BBL Challenger Match because…”” in each Entry.
- Entries will only be considered if they are made within the Competition Period.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An Entry is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission.
- Any costs associated with entering the Competition are the entrant’s responsibility.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes has either tampered with the entry process or has submitted an Entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete Entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid.
- All Entries are the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for Entries not received by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed invalid if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Entry was made, based on the details provided on the social media profile using which they made the Entry.
Selection of winners and prizes
- There will be five (5) winners of the Competition (Winners).
- The Winners will be selected by the Promoter based on the originality, creativity and humour shown in the Entries. The selection of the Winners based on these criteria will be entirely at the Promoter’s own discretion. This is a game of skill.
- Each Winner will receive the following prize (Prize): a double pass to the Big Bash League (BBL) 2021/22 season Challenger Match (BBL Challenger Match), valued at $50.
- Total number of prizes = 5. Total prize value = $250.
- The BBL Challenger Match will be held at the Sydney Cricket Ground at 7:25 PM (AEDT) Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
- Attendance of the BBL Challenger Match using the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Sydney Cricket Ground, and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Winners’ compliance with those terms and conditions.
- In the event a Winner is legally prohibited from attending the BBL Challenger Match due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will arrange a substitute prize at the same prize value as the original Prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST and are correct at the time of printing.
- If the Promoter is unable to supply the nominated Prize the Promoter reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any competent authority, to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
- All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Notification and re-selection of Winners
- The Winners will be notified in writing at 5:30PM (AWST) Tuesday, 25 January 2022.
- The Promoter will reply to the Entry of each Winner, which will announce them as a Winner. The Winners will be instructed to send an email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their prize.
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify the Winners of the result of the Competition.
- Subject to clauses 35-36 below, if for any reason whatsoever one or more of the Winners do not claim their Prize by 9:00AM (AWST) Wednesday, 26 January 2022, then the Prize will be forfeited and neither cash nor any other Prize will be awarded in lieu of that Prize.
- Eligible Entrants can only enter in their own name.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the Eligible Entrant produce appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Eligible Entrant’s eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, before issuing a Prize.
- If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the Competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the Eligible Entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Competition or the conduct of the Competition generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the Eligible Entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this Competition. If, because of any such problem, this Competition is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the Competition’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant Department) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or disqualify any Eligible Entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition in any way.
- Subject to clause 42 and to the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter (including its officer, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss or profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that sated in these conditions of entry; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) a prize or use of a prize. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any person under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. The entrant releases Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from all liability in relation to the Competition. The entrant is providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
Leave a Reply