When it comes time to move, did you know that you can take your internet with you? That’s right! While we may not be able to help you pack boxes and move the TV, we can make sure you get settled in at your new place with the best broadband plan to suit your needs.
Moving is made easier with Westnet. Whenever and wherever you move in Australia, our movers team are here to help you find the perfect plan for locations near and far! You can keep your phone and email address and remove the fees. Our Movers team will sort everything for you.
We’ve sat down with Zoe from the Westnet Movers and Shakers to get some tips and tricks that will help you move your internet with ease. The Westnet movers team motto is “I like to move it, move it!” – so are you ready to move?!
How do I arrange to relocate my internet?
There are three options:
1. The easiest and quickest way is to give our Westnet movers team a call on 1300 786 068;
2. Alternatively, you can submit an online query on our website and we’ll call or email you back; or
3. Log into your MyAccount and arrange your relocation by going to ‘My Products’ > ‘Broadband’ > ‘Move house’.
When is the best time to contact the Westnet movers team? How much notice should I provide before moving?
We recommend contacting our Westnet movers team at least 2-3 weeks before your moving date so we can ensure everything is ready to go for you.
How can I save by moving with Westnet?
Not only will you save time by moving with Westnet, you will also save money. When you relocate with us there will be no standard broadband activation fees or contract break fees when you refresh your contract.
Do I need to start a new plan if I move?
As long as the same type of broadband is available at your new address, you may keep your current plan. However, if you’ll be switching to a different broadband technology, you may need to change plans. The easiest way to see what’s available is to check your new address on our website.
Can I keep my current phone number and email address and take them to my new address?
When you move with Westnet we will ensure that you can keep your current email address and continue email as usual so you don’t have the hassle of having to update and move all your contacts across to a new email.
When you contact the movers team to lodge your relocation they’ll be able to check if you can keep your current phone number. Where possible, we’ll move your phone number to your new address.
Zoe’s top tips for making the change as easy as possible
1. Make sure previous tenants have cancelled their services at the new address. This will help speed up the process so that we can get your connection up and running as quickly as possible.
2. When viewing your new house, take note of how many phone/broadband sockets there are on the walls and which room(s) they’re located in. That way, when it’s time to move in, you know exactly where your modem can go or if you’ll need to purchase any network extension equipment or have a new socket installed before the service activates. This will make it easy to just plug and play once your new service is active!
That’s a wrap on our tips and tricks chat the Zoe from the Westnet movers team! If you have any further questions comment below so we can help you get on the move.