1. Information on how to enter the Sydney Sixers Pre-Game Pep Talk Competition (Competition) and the available prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is iiNet Limited (ABN 48 068 628 937) of Level 1, 502 Hay Street, Subiaco, Perth WA 6008 (Promoter).
3. Entry is only open to residents of the State of New South Wales aged 12 or over (Eligible Entrants). If an entrant is under the age of 16, they must have permission from a parent or guardian.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers or any of their associated agencies or companies are ineligible to enter.
5. The Competition commences at 5:00pM (AEDT) Thursday, 2 December 2021 and concludes at 11:59PM (AEDT) Wednesday, 15 December 2021(Competition Period).
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period, comment on either or both posts which will be made on the iiNet Facebook page and iiNet Instagram page, responding to the following prompt:
“In the comments section below, share your best pre-game pep talk.” OR “In the comments section below, tell us how you’d fire up the team before a game.”
7. The Social Media Posts are scheduled to be made:
8. An Eligible Entrant’s comment (Entry Comment) must use text or video.
9. Entry Comments which are incomplete or inappropriate, such as those containing offensive or derogatory language, will be disqualified. Whether an Entry Comment is inappropriate will be determined by the Promoter.
10. Entry into the Competition will occur automatically upon making an Entry Comment.
11. Eligible Entrants may submit multiple Entry Comments. However, if an Eligible Entrant submits multiple Entry Comments, they must submit a different response to “share your best pre-game pep talk” or “In the comments section below, tell us how you’d fire up the team before a game” in each Entry Comment.
12. Entry Comments will only be considered if they are made within the Competition Period.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An entry is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission.
14. Any costs associated with entering the Competition are the entrant’s responsibility.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes has either tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid.
18. All entries are the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed invalid if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
19. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Entry Comment was made, based on the details provided on the social media profile using which they made the Entry Comment.
20. There will be two winners of the Competition, being the first place winner (First Place Winner) and second place winner (Second Place Winner).
21. The winners will be selected by the Promoter based on the originality, creativity and humour shown in the Entry Comments. The selection of the winners based on these criteria will be entirely at the Promoter’s own discretion. This is a game of skill.
22.The First Place Winner will receive the following prize (First Prize):
(a) 4x General Admission tickets to the Sydney Sixers home game against Brisbane Heat at the Sydney Cricket Ground at 3:05 (AWST) / 6:05 (AEDT) Wednesday, 29 December 2021, valued at $20 each; and
(b) a BBL Bat Flip Experience, valued at $1,000.
23. The BBL Bat Flip Experience will take place at the Sydney Sixers home game against Brisbane Heat at the Sydney Cricket Ground at 3:05 (AWST) / 6:05 (AEDT) Wednesday, 29 December 2021.
24. Attendance of the Sydney Sixers home game using the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions of the Sydney Cricket Ground, and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for the attendees’ compliance with those terms and conditions.
25. If, for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Sydney Sixers, the First Place Winner is unable or not allowed to conduct the Bat Flip then the prize will be forfeited and a signed BBL11 bat and a signed BBL11 jersey will be offered as a replacement. If this occurs, the Promoter will provide notice via email to those concerned.
26. The Second Place Winner will receive the following prize (Second Prize):
(a) a Sydney Sixers BBL signed jersey, valued at $500; and
(b) a Sydney Sixers signed bat, valued at $250.
27. Total number of prizes = 2. Total prize value = $1,830.
28. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST and are correct at the time of printing.
29. If the Promoter is unable to supply the nominated prize, or part of any nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any competent authority, to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
30. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
32. The First Place Winner and Second Place Winner will be notified in writing at 5:00PM (AEDT) Thursday, 16 December 2021.
33. The Promoter will reply to the Entry Comment of the First Place Winner and Second Place Winner, which will announce them as either the First Place Winner or Second Place Winner. The winners will be instructed to send an email to [email protected] to claim their prize.
34. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify the winners of the result of the Competition.
35. Subject to clauses 36-37 below, if for any reason whatsoever the one of the winner does not claim their prize or an element of their prize by 12:00PM (AEDT) Monday, 20 December 2021, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of that prize or that element of the prize.
36. If for any reason whatsoever, one of the winners does not claim their prize or an element of their prize by 12:00PM (AEDT) Monday, 20 December 2021, the Promoter will select and announce a third winner(Third Winner Selection). This third winner will enjoy the same rights and responsibilities as the winner they have replaced, as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
37. The winner of the Third Winner Selection will be notified in writing by the Promoter replying to their Entry Comment on 2:00PM (AEDT) Monday, 20 December 2021.
38. Entrants agree, at the Promoter’s request, to participate in any promotional activity (such as an interview) surrounding this Competition or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree this participation will be free of charge. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its associated agencies’ using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
39. Eligible Entrants can only enter in their own name.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Eligible Entrant produce appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Eligible Entrant’s eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize.
41. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the Competition.
42. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the Eligible Entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Competition or the conduct of the Competition generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the Eligible Entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this Competition. If, because of any such problem, this Competition is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the Competition’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant Department) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or disqualify any Eligible Entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition in any way.
43. These terms and conditions of entry do not, nor do they intend to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantee under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other warranties (whether express or implied) or terms under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
44. Subject to clause 43 and to the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter (including its officer, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss or profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that sated in these conditions of entry; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) a prize or use of a prize. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any person under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law.
45. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. The entrant releases Facebook and Instagram from all liability in relation to the Competition. The entrant is providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.